Monday, October 24, 2011

My dream

Back in our cabin at the OM base in Roscommon, I opened my eyes to this morning.
Sleep broke and I woke up feeling empowered. It is likely that I even could have been smiling. I don't even start functioning in the mornings until several hours after awakening, so why would I wake up feeling empowered?

I had a dream last night. None of this I tell you is to sound fancy in writing or to be poetic, I tell you nothing but straight truth of what I woke up from. Apparently, in my dream I had posted a Facebook status relating to God and something He had been doing in me, and that affected everyone else on my friends list, who all began posting status about God and things He had been doing in them too, I assume. Then I found myself leading some sort of parade with these people on the streets in Oklahoma, for something related to promoting Christ and I presume, what He had done for us. I knew that I was dreaming by this time, but for some reason, in my head I told myself I needed to do this in reality when I go back home.

The next thing I found myself doing, was playing guitar for people and singing an actual song I had written in real life a while back. The song is about Darkness and Light and brings spiritual warfare to life a bit, presenting good and evil as if they were people, and characteristics I imagined they would have. All over, the song is about the Devil and God and how the Devil wants to battle and provoke, even though God has already won.
In the dream, as I played this song, the Darkness came to life and swept over me. It appeared as something similar to a shadow and it tried to battle with me because it was angry. It knew that God won in the end of the song. But in real life, as I lay sleeping in my bed in our cabin, I could feel my body being pressed against the mattress, my shoulders being held down; it was as if the Darkness had really swept over and was actually oppressing me. I remember knowing that it was trying to fight with me, but I wasn't afraid. I laid still in my bed, just smiling. I wrote that song. I know how it ends.

In the second verse it says,
"The Darkness said to the Light
'Here I make my way up Your staircase'
But the Light didn't need to hide
It grew, it glowed, it grinned with pride"

That's what I was doing. I remember laying still in my bed just glowing with pride because I knew that the Light of Christ is inside me. And that's just what He did in the song. Therefore, I wasn't afraid because it wasn't actually my battle.

During this trip, before going to sleep, I have been praying that God would be in my dreams. That I would dream about Heaven, or anything related to Him that was real so that I would wake up with Him on my mind.

Then in the end of my dream last night, I sang the last two lines of the song, the Darkness still oppressing me, both in my dream and in real life,
"I am not afraid!
Because Light always destroys the Dark."

The shadow in my dream disappeared. The invisible claws on my shoulders lifted. I woke up and smiled. God went to the level of giving me a dream so real that He used one of my own songs so show me I have power in the Blood. Then I pushed the covers off and got out of bed. I was humbled and empowered.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment