Friday, October 21, 2011

The magical farmhouse in Lorrha

Two days ago, after doing some work at the OM base, we traveled to a nearby town called Lorrha, where Ruth and Paul had stayed once. We're staying for a few days in a coach house cottage that we like to call The Magical Farmhouse. It's owned by an Irish family that the Lovins met last time they were there--an elderly lady, Iris, and her son--both of whom are very kind, especially the adorable old lady who I want to hug a million times, with her cordial smile and her telling me she's named after the flower.

Our farmhouse is made of stone and was built in the 1800s. There are sheep (of course) and darling little burros here that will run up to you in the friendliest manner when you approach them. This is the prettiest place I have ever seen, and the most magical of Ireland I've seen so far.


This morning, I wandered out behind the apple tree to a little rock wall garden with a wooden bench, and I talked to God out loud for probably at least 30 minutes. It felt gorgeous to talk to Him that way in such a comely place. I should start out all my mornings that way. What better place to be than in communication with God.

This afternoon, we wandered through more ancient castle ruins. Tomorrow, Sarah and I will explore some ourselves and make up stories about them.
Another adventure awaits me readily on the morrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment