Thursday, October 13, 2011

I've never seen an elderly woman cry any other place than a funeral

until the other day during an outreach in Coventry when I shared Christ with her. I prayed with two elderly ladies and it was so touching. The one in particular that I had the chance to talk about Jesus with cried, and when we held hands and prayed together, she cried again and smiled as she looked at me saying, "Thank you." Later, I was told that she was one of the ones that was unable to come to church often. God, help Margarie to know You're with her.


Here is a photo of one of my new friends I made during the outreach. His name is George and he said he has a lot of girlfriends.






The following night, we did an outreach for young teens and kids and I was asked to speak to them. Afterward, a little 13-year-old boy came up to me and said, "You know whenever people are born? You know how at that time they're all given purposes by God? Well, I think your purpose is to come speak to kids like us... and you do a pretty good job of it. I like you already."

All 14 kids to wrote down their names and prayer requests in my prayer journal. One girl wrote, "Pray that I have something to thank God for like you. I want to be thankful like you."


Father, continue to move in me so that lives can be changed. Make there be less of me so there can be room for more of You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment