Monday, October 31, 2011

It's Halloween

one of my favourite holidays that I usually spend dressed in costumes with friends. But today I got to spend it with one of my (adopted) families on a magical island they love to visit, called Kythira.

On our expedition today, I saw many great things, most of which I cannot describe. I climbed the stairs to the church inside a cave where John began the writing of Revelation. I watched from the edge of a cliff, water made up of 3 shades of blue collapse against boulders that were so large, they protruded out of the sea. I walked across volcanic rocks and smelled wild thyme. I photographed bats in a cave and found a dried-up seahorse under a rock. I saw a sunken ship in the ocean.

Throughout all of this, though I spent it happy and laughing, something in my heart cried and cried; not out of sadness, I must tell you. But it ached because I was just getting to see one more side of the Creator of all of these places, my Protector. And it was making me fall more in love with Him. He is more fascinating than my mind can allow me to connect words with to write down in my journal. I end here.



No comments:

Post a Comment