Monday, December 7, 2009

Tap at My Window

Current inspiration: Laura Marling.














She's a nineteen-year-old folk, singer-songwriter from London that I have trouble categorizing. I'm not speaking of genres, but rather those "music scenes" that most musicians work hard to fit into. She's not "punk rock," "hipster," "indie," or whatever words you kids use to describe yourselves. She's just, Laura Marling. She makes you want to break down and cry because of her misreable eyes and voice, but leaves just enough cheer and cuteness about herself for you to stay a fan.

Strangely, I have found myself viewing people who are like me more appealing. And I started to love Laura Marling even more after I found she cut her hair off like how mine used to be, sings kind of like me, and wears over-sized clothing and weird dresses like I do. Those kind of people assure me it's okay to be weird and do your own thing and who in the bloody cares.

Thank you, God, for making Laura Marling:

1 comment: