Monday, December 21, 2009

Snoopy vs. The Red Baron

Christmas is coming, Charlie Brown.
That means putting smiles on faces that put a smile on yours every day.
It is much fun to participate in old traditions, burn cookies, watch sappy old holiday films, peek inside your presents when Ma and Pops ain't lookin, and discover that the package you thought contained a Red Ryder bb gun was actually a shovel from your dad so that you could break the ice off the driveway so he could get to work.
Family time is just smashing. You are given wonderful opportunities to spend quality time with the relatives you spend the other 11 moths avoiding.

But in all honesty, I really take pride in putting thought into buying or making gifts for those who are truly good to me despite any obstacles that come in the way of every day friendships. It's cliche, but I think it's excellent to give. . . and not just at Christmas.
I had family time tonight and my sister came. Everyone was kind to one another, it was strange.
I think this is going to be the best Christmas ever, I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment