Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Abandoned Journal: Slick School

I decided to begin sharing a tiny morsel of my obsession with abandoned places and things by using my blog to post some of my adventures amongst them, for all of my fellow explorers out there and those on the internet hungry for a good discovery or history lesson.













Place: Slick High School

Location: Slick, OK

Approx. year built: 1930's

Approx. year abandoned: 1960's

History: "Slick High School was built of red brick with decorative concrete accents. The layout was the typical, a central auditorium with two separate wings for the grade and high schools. This school also had a partial second story and a gymnasium below. Once the school was finally closed, the town used it for their city offices and as a senior citizen center until roof leaks forced it final abandonment." (Source - http://www.abandonedok.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1458)









Be frightened


































The uncertain remains of a floor in which one must walk across in order to get to the other side of the building

















Some unfinished business, I would presume



Blurry photo-- but I seriously debated picking this up and taking it with me. Sadly, I'm not sure if it worked, though, as its batteries were nowhere to be found









The hauntingly beautiful auditorium















Some ghosts I met in there

(to see more photos of actual human subjects, visit my Flickr)
















Another blurry photo-- this is the staircase that led to the second floor with more classrooms


























































Behind my lovely friend who's reading some documents we found, is the gymnasium













The gymnasium
(Pardon all the photos with people in them. My creativity kept getting swept away with the fact that I had so many models with me)












A very creepy exit

No comments:

Post a Comment